This is a very versitile recipe. Serve it for brunch or lunch, use red peppers instead of mushrooms or make it in tart shells for a snack or appetizer portion.
- 9″ pre-made pastry shell
- 8-10 eggs (depending on depth of shell)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup leeks, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the leeks well to remove any sand.
- Saute mushrooms and leeks in 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Season with fresh thyme and black pepper.
- Sprinkle sauteed mushrooms and leeks in the bottom of the pastry shell.
- Whisk the eggs and cheese together and pour over the mushroom and leeks in the pastry shell.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes until set.
- Calories: 184 KCal
- Protein: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fibre: 0.9 g
- Total Fat: 12 g
- Sodium: 166 mg
- Phosphorus: 101 mg
- Potassium: 122 mg
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1/8th slice of pie
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup