- Trademarks and Copyright
The entire contents of the Site are protected by international copyright laws. The owner of the copyrights is The Kidney Foundation of Canada, unless stated otherwise.
You may print and download portions of material from the different areas of the Site for your own personal use or for educational purposes, provided that credit to The Kidney Foundation of Canada is maintained.
You may not modify any the Site/Kidney Foundation logos or designs. You may not distribute, republish or post Kidney Community Kitchen content and materials to build another web site for your own purposes.
- Warranty and Liability
The Kidney Foundation does not guarantee or warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the service will be corrected.
The Kidney Foundation does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, or other destructive code.
The Kidney Foundation does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or the use of other web sites that may link to the Kidney Community Kitchen.
The Kidney Foundation is not responsible or liable for any consequences related to comments, questions, ideas, opinions and/or information (“Postings”) in the community area, discussion groups and forums.
The Kidney Foundation provides the site and related information “as is”. Although every effort has been made to provide reliable information, The Kidney Foundation does not guarantee or warrant that the material on the Site is completely accurate and error-free and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or results obtained by using this information. Nutritional analysis and tracking results are based on the recipes and foods selected and the quantities entered by the user. These may differ from other databases, recipe sites and/or nutrient analysis programs.
- Use of the Site
The Site is intended to help support people living with kidney disease manage their diet. It is not intended to replace medical advice or consultation with a dietitian.
You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the site and the internet: to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services and other information provided through the Site or on the internet generally.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this website to:
- Violate local, provincial, federal or international laws;
- Engage in spamming, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” and/or posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
- Harvesting, “phishing” or otherwise obtaining or collecting information about others, including e-mail addresses;
- Infringe on the intellectual property, proprietary or contractual rights of others and/or unlawfully distribute copyrighted content;
- Impersonate another person or otherwise misrepresent yourself and/or allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Include personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- Use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy this website or the content contained therein;
- Distribute viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this website (e.g. flooding attack) and/or otherwise negatively affect another persons’ ability to use this website;
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the website’s infrastructure;
- Use this website as a generic file hosting service;
- Employ misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this website or to users; and,
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity, or is invasive of another’s privacy, as determined by The Kidney Foundation in our sole discretion.
- Removal of Content
- Editing and Deleting Your Account Information and Preferences
You may edit your account and profile information at any time.
Users may cancel their account at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by completing the Contact Us page and indicating that you would like to remove your account from the Kidney Community Kitchen. When an account is cancelled, all user data will be deleted. This will take 5-10 business days.
- General Conditions
The Kidney Foundation reserves the right to modify or terminate the Site for any reason, without notice at any time.
The Kidney Foundation reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
The Kidney Foundation does not disclose, sell or give any personally identifiable information about Site users to any third party. Information submitted by users is used solely for the purpose of providing you with The Kidney Foundation information and to provide you with the information and support you have requested by virtue of creating an account on the Site.
The Kidney Kitchen Community collects personal information such as dietary intake, meal plans and personal journal information. This information is used solely for the purposes of helping you to manage your kidney diet and is not shared or collected.
If you indicate that The Kidney Foundation may contact you with news, events and other information, your e-mail address is added to our electronic mailing list. If you do not want to receive these alerts you can indicate this on your account page and change your preference at any time.
8. External Links
The Kidney Foundation of Canada is not responsible for the content displayed on external websites. Hyperlinks or references to organizations, companies or individuals does not constitute an endorsement of any information, product or service you may receive from such sources. The Kidney Foundation of Canada does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations.