a replacement for chicken nuggets.
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tsp seasoning (garlic powder, curry, paprika or other spice)
- 1 ½ cups (12 oz) firm tofu
Combine the tamari and water in a small bowl.
In another bowl, mix together the cornflake crumbs and seasoning.
Dip the tofu into the tamari, then into the seasonings mixture.
Place the tofu slices on a baking sheet, lightly wipe with vegetable oil.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, flipping once to brown both sides.
- Calories: 189 KCal
- Protein: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fibre: 2 g
- Total Fat: 14 g
- Sodium: 148 mg
- Phosphorus: 119 mg
- Potassium: 158 mg
Servings per recipe: 3
Serving size: 4 oz tofu (1/2 cup)
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup