This versatile sauce tastes great on chicken, fish, or any noodle dish.
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp ketchup
- 4 tsp cornstarch
We use this recipe with our spicy cornflake chicken recipe
1. Bring the water and cider vinegar to a boil.
2. Add sugar, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and ketchup, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Slowly add the cornstarch by sifting, while stirring continuously (add more cornstarch if you prefer a thicker sauce).
- Calories: 21 KCal
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Phosphorus: 2 mg
- Potassium: 13 mg
Servings per recipe: 24
Serving size: 1/24 of recipe
Renal Exchange: 1/3 starch
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup