1. To make the meringues, preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer or a mixing bowl, whip egg whites until they become frothy. Slowly add the sugar and continue to whip until the egg whites are shiny and stiff. Fold in vanilla extract and crushed candy canes.
3. Spread meringue on lined cookie tray and place in preheated oven. Turn off the oven and leave meringue for 2 hours. Do not open the oven door. Once the meringue has dried, crumble the meringue into bite sized pieces.
4. To make the mousse, place the frozen raspberries and water in a small sauce pan. Heat until raspberries thaw and soften. Transfer raspberry mixture to a mixing bowl. Add jello powder and stir. Once the raspberry mixture is completely cool, fold in Cool Whip.
5. To assemble the festive trifles, layer the raspberry mousse, crumbled meringue, and fresh berries in individual wine glasses or a larger trifle bowl. Repeat layers. Chill for a few hours before serving.