When I asked Shannon Chesterfield if she could share a popular recipe from one of her cooking demos, she sent us this Spicy Shrimp Linguine recipe which is both a favourite among demo participants as well as her family. Enjoy!
- 12 large shrimp,( you can also use 6oz chicken breast, cut into bit-sized pieces)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 pepperoncini or pickled jalapeno pepper
- ¼ cup prepared salsa (mild, med, or hot)
- ¼ cup 10% table cream
- 2 cups cooked linguine (or any shape pasta)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, sauté shrimp in oil in a medium-sized sauté pan, over medium-high heat.
- When shrimp starts to turn pink/orange add garlic, pepperoncini and salsa and turn heat to low. Continue cooking until shrimp is completely cooked.
- Once pasta is ready, turn heat off and add cream to shrimp mixture along with the pasta. Stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve with fresh cilantro sprinkled over the top.
- Calories: 381 KCal
- Protein: 16.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Total Fat: 12 g
- Sodium: 464 mg
- Phosphorus: 174 mg
- Potassium: 297 mg
Servings per recipe: 2
Serving size: 6 shrimp, 1 cup cooked linguine
2 proteins, 3 starch
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup
2 thoughts on “Spicy Shrimp Linguine”
Recipes look interesting. I am going to need to talk to a dietician as my last test results were quite shocking. will need guidance with my menues. looking for help.
Meeting with a dietitian will give you direction about your specific dietary needs. You can send questions for our volunteer dietitians on our Resource page, and hopefully, the Meal Planner can provide more support. Don’t forget to check out the FAQs and Fact Sheets too!