When I asked Shannon Chesterfield if she could share a popular recipe from one of her cooking demos, she sent us this Spicy Shrimp Linguine recipe which is both a favourite among demo participants as well as her family. Enjoy!
- 12 large shrimp,( you can also use 6oz chicken breast, cut into bit-sized pieces)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 pepperoncini or pickled jalapeno pepper
- ¼ cup prepared salsa (mild, med, or hot)
- ¼ cup 10% table cream
- 2 cups cooked linguine (or any shape pasta)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, sauté shrimp in oil in a medium-sized sauté pan, over medium-high heat.
- When shrimp starts to turn pink/orange add garlic, pepperoncini and salsa and turn heat to low. Continue cooking until shrimp is completely cooked.
- Once pasta is ready, turn heat off and add cream to shrimp mixture along with the pasta. Stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve with fresh cilantro sprinkled over the top.
Calories: 381 KCal
Protein: 16.5 g
Carbohydrates: 50 g
Total Fat: 12 g
Sodium: 464 mg
Phosphorus: 174 mg
Potassium: 297 mg
Servings per recipe: 2
Serving size: 6 shrimp, 1 cup cooked linguine
2 proteins, 3 starch