This recipe will satisfy even your meat-and-potatoes kind of guy.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) EACH minced ginger root and fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) EACH sesame oil and Asian chili sauce
- 1 lb (454 g) Beef Strip Loin, Top Sirloin or Flank Steak, thinly sliced
- 8 cups (2L) torn romaine lettuce
- 4 tsp (20 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 mL) EACH julienned cucumber, sweet yellow pepper and red onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) EACH sodium-reduced soy sauce and liquid honey, dash Asian chili sauce
- Combine cornstarch, ginger root, lime juice, garlic, sesame oil and chili sauce in a medium bowl. Add beef and toss to coat; let stand 10 minutes. Discard marinade.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil in large frypan or wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry tomatoes, cucumber, yellow pepper and onion until hot and just wilted; transfer to clean bowl. Heat remaining canola oil in same pan; stir-fry beef until browned and cooked. Add to wilted vegetables; toss to combine.
- Whisk all Chili-Lime Vinaigrette ingredients together. Makes 1/2 cup (125 mL).
- Add Chili-Lime Vinaigrette to pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and hot, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Toss romaine with just enough hot vinaigrette to moisten. Top romaine with beef and vegetable mixture. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over each serving.
Calories: 116 KCal
Protein: 13 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fibre: 1.2 g
Total Fat: 4.3 g
Sodium: 77 mg
Phosphorus: 99 mg
Potassium: 285 mg
Servings per recipe: 12
Serving size: 1/4 cup beef + 1 cup salad/veg
2 protein, 1 veg