This vegetable dish makes a great side for meat and fish meals.
2 tsp (10 ml) margarine
2 tsp (10 mL) fresh lemon juice
Grated rind of one lemon
1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
½ lb (250 g) snow peas, trimmed
- Melt margarine in a shallow pan.
- Stir in lemon rind, juice and thyme and set aside.
- Steam snow peas for 3 minutes over boiling water or microwave on high for 3 minutes until tender.
- Drain and toss with mixture.
Why not try it with the Curry Lime Pork Kebabs?
- Calories: 77.4 KCal
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fibre: 1.3 g
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Phosphorus: 32 mg
- Potassium: 124 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1/2 cup
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup