Use fresh fish or frozen, packaged fillets for convenience. All fish are equal in nutrient content so buy the least expensive such as Pollock. The recipe ingredients add a lot of flavour to spruce it up.
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) margarine
- 4 (1 lb total) fish fillets
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup (50 mL) white wine (not cooking wine)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- Arrange onions on the bottom of a 9” (2.5 L) square baking dish.
- Dot with margarine.
- Season both sides of the fish with pepper.
- Place on top of the onions.
- Top with green pepper and mushrooms.
- Combine wine and lemon juice and pour over vegetables.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) until fish flakes easily, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Calories: 181 KCal
- Protein: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fibre: 1.3 g
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Sodium: 193.5 mg
- Phosphorus: 457.5 mg
- Potassium: 550.5 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1 fish fillet + about 1/2 cup vegetables
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup