Use fresh fish or frozen, packaged fillets for convenience. All fish are equal in nutrient content so buy the least expensive such as Pollock. The recipe ingredients add a lot of flavour to spruce it up.
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) margarine
- 4 (1 lb total) fish fillets
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup (50 mL) white wine (not cooking wine)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- Arrange onions on the bottom of a 9” (2.5 L) square baking dish.
- Dot with margarine.
- Season both sides of the fish with pepper.
- Place on top of the onions.
- Top with green pepper and mushrooms.
- Combine wine and lemon juice and pour over vegetables.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) until fish flakes easily, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Calories: 181 g
Protein: 21 g
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Fibre: 1.3 g
Total Fat: 7 g
Sodium: 193.5 mg
Phosphorus: 457.5 mg
Potassium: 550.5 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1 fish fillet + about 1/2 cup vegetables