This makes a great side for fish and meats, but is also a great main for vegetarians when served with rice.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh dill, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Remove leaves and stems from cauliflower; cut into florets.
- Cook in a large pot of boiling water, covered for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Mix lemon juice with oil; pour over cauliflower and stir to mix.
- Sprinkle with dill, and add pepper to taste.
- Calories: 45 KCal
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fibre: 1.7 g
- Total Fat: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 30 mg
- Phosphorus: 42.6 mg
- Potassium: 296 mg
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 1 cup
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup