A dessert that is easy to put together, simple yet elegant.
- 4 pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp 5-spice powder
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toss pears in lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Combine melted butter, liquid honey, spices, vanilla and zest in a mixing bowl and add to pears.
- Place flavoured pears in an oven-friendly pan and roast for approximately 30 minutes or until pears become soft while still retaining their shape.
- Serve warm.
- Calories: 141 KCal
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fibre: 2.7 g
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Phosphorus: 12 mg
- Potassium: 121 mg
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1/2 pear with syrup
1 fruit choice
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup