For a fun twist, make in mini tart shells to serve as a snack or appetizer.
9″ pre-made pastry shell
8-10 eggs (depending on depth of shell)
½ cup sautéed mushrooms
½ cup sautéed leeks
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rinse leeks well to remove sand.
- Sauté mushrooms and leeks in 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Season with fresh thyme and black pepper.
- Sprinkle mushrooms and onions in bottom of pastry shell.
- Whisk together eggs and cheese and pour over mushroom mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes until set.
- Calories: 199 KCal
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
- Fibre: 0.5 g
- Total Fat: 13.6 g
- Sodium: 203.8 mg
- Phosphorus: 113.6 mg
- Potassium: 135.4 mg
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1/8th slice
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup