This sandwich makes use of many items that can often be found in your pantry. The key is to keep your pantry well stocked so that you have easy meals to put together and ready to go.
2 large sub buns, sliced lengthwise
2 tbsp (25 mL) margarine
7 oz (210 g) canned tuna, no salt or regular, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp (25 mL) sour cream
2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
¼ tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
2 oz (60 g) Swiss cheese, sliced
- Combine tuna, sour cream, parsley and lemon juice.
- Slice bread lengthwise.
- Spread both sides of bun with margarine.
- Spread with tuna mixture and top with cheese slices.
- Put bread halves together, wrap with foil and bake at 350F (180⁰C) for 25 minutes.
- Slice each bun in half to serve 4 large sandwiches.
Calories: 378 KCal
Protein: 23 g
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Fibre: 1.5 g
Total Fat: 17 g
Sodium: 467 mg
Phosphorus: 305 mg
Potassium: 208 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1/2 sub