Plan to make enough so you have leftovers. This recipe makes a great sandwich filling!
- ½ cup (125 mL) lime juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey, liquid
- 1 tsp (5 mL) thyme leaves, dried
- 1 tsp (5 mL) rosemary, dried
- ⅔ lb (300 g) turkey breast, skinless, boneless
1. Make marinade by mixing the first five ingredients.
2. Set aside 2 tbsp (30 mL) of marinade for basting.
3. Slice turkey breast in half lengthwise to make thinner pieces (like a hamburger bun is cut in half).
4. Add turkey to marinade and place in fridge for 1 – 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven broiler on high (500°F) or preheat barbeque.
6. Broil or grill turkey for 4 minutes per side until cooked through.
7. Use marinade set aside in step 2 to baste turkey while cooking.
8. Throw out leftover marinade.
- Calories: 245 KCal
- Protein: 17.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5 g
- Fibre: 0.4 g
- Total Fat: 15 g
- Sodium: 35 mg
- Phosphorus: 131 mg
- Potassium: 200 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1/2 slice turkey breast
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup
3 thoughts on “Lime Grilled Turkey”
Hi Willow! Let us know how you like it!
havent tried it yet.