A fish dish that can be served hot or cold.
- 1 lb. salmon fillets
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice (or juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
Combine all ingredients except salmon.
Put salmon on platter and pour marinade over fillets. Let marinate 2 hours or more.
Preheat broiler. Remove salmon from marinade. Cook 4 to 8 minutes on each side. Test to see if cooked adequately by prodding with a fork to see if the flesh separates easily.
Serve hot or cold with a wedge of lemon.
- Calories: 207 KCal
- Protein: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Sodium: 204 mg
- Phosphorus: 160 mg
- Potassium: 419 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 148 g
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup