- Preheat the oven to 450F degrees.
2. Wash and pat dry the bell peppers and garlic with the peel (this prevents the garlic from burning).
3. Drizzle on 1 tsp of oil and a dash of salt and bake for 30 minutes until the red bell peppers look soft and brown.
4. While the peppers are baking, take out the food processor and pulse the cauliflower until it is crumbly and a rice-like texture.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread the riced cauliflower in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes in the same oven under the bell peppers and garlic.
6. Check on the red bell peppers and garlic. Take it out of the oven once it is ready and let it cool for 10 minutes.
7. Peel and trim the stem off of the peppers and peel the garlic.
8. Add peppers, garlic, olive oil, and corn starch in the food processor on high speed until it is finely pureed and smooth.
9. In a small pot, stir the bell pepper sauce for 10-15 minutes on low heat until the sauce thickens and set aside.
10. Take cauliflower out of the oven and after it is cooled down, transfer the riced cauliflower to a clean cheese towel or dishtowel.
11. Squeeze out excess moisture and discard the water.
12. In a large bowl, add the riced cauliflower, spices, parmesan, salt, and egg. Mix well.
13. Press the dough into a circle onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper at 1/4″thickness.
14. Bake for 30 minutes at 400ºF, until golden. Flip the crust over and bake again for 10 more minutes.
15. Take it out of the oven and add the roasted red pepper sauce, the mozzarella, and basil. See how to chiffonade the basil leaves in this video.
16.Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts.
17.Makes two small pizzas! Slice and enjoy!