- 1 pie shell, cooked
- 4 cups (1 L) blueberries (divided)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) corn starch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water, cold
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar, white
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine, non-hydrogenated
- Mash 2 cups (500 ml) blueberries
- Put mashed blueberries, water and corn starch in a pot.
- Cook over moderate heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and margarine to the pot and stir to blend.
- Allow mixture to cool.
- Add remaining blueberries.
- Pour into previously cooked pie shell.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Serving idea: Top each portion with whipped cream (about 2 tbsp or 30 ml)
- Calories: 226 KCal
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fibre: 2.2 g
- Total Fat: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 123 mg
- Phosphorus: 19 mg
- Potassium: 78 mg
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1 portion = 1 slice of pie
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup