This is a perfect recipe on a hot summer evening.
- 375 grams white pasta ( 2 1/2 cups cooked)
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Chop basil, garlic and pine nuts. Mix all together with Parmesan cheese. Add the oil.
Serve over fresh pasta.
You can also use a food processor: add basil, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. With motor running, add the oil. Stir in garlic.
- Calories: 381 KCal
- Protein: 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fibre: 3 g
- Total Fat: 24 g
- Sodium: 105 mg
- Phosphorus: 119 mg
- Potassium: 171 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 2/3 cup cooked pasta + 1/4 pesto
Renal exchanges: 2 starch, 1 veg
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup