An easy and tasty side dish.
- 1½ cups basmati rice
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions (Vidalia)
- 2 ½ cups low sodium chicken stock or water
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped flat-leafed parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped tarragon
1. Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear, set aside.
2. Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté onions until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add rice, 2 ½ cups of stock or water and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered 10 minutes.
5. Stir in herbs and season with pepper.
Calories: 67 KCal
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 28.5 g
Fibre: 1.4 g
Total Fat: 4.2 g
Sodium: 58.5 mg
Phosphorus: 55 mg
Potassium: 130 mg
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 1/6 of recipe