A simple and delicious dessert.
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. chopped, toasted nuts
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. soft, non-hydrogenated margarine
- 3 ripe pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (if frozen, do not defrost)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped, dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Prepare an 8″ x 8″ ovenproof dish by spraying with vegetable oil cooking spray.
3. Combine oats, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, nuts, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. With a fork or fingertips, work in margarine until the dry ingredients are moistened. Set aside.
4. In prepared baking dish, combine pears and cranberries.
Toss with brown sugar and flour to coat fruit evenly. Sprinkle oatmeal mixture evenly over fruit.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until fruit is soft and the topping is golden brown.
- Calories: 248 KCal
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fibre: 6 g
- Total Fat: 2 g
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Phosphorus: 77.4 mg
- Potassium: 281 mg
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 172 g
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup