1. Cut trimmed roast in half, if necessary, and place in Crock
Pot. Add pepper to taste.
2. Combine all ingredients except cornstarch, water and green pepper; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4–6 hours.
3. Remove roast and check internal temperature with a meat thermometer (170° F).
4. Drain pineapple and reserve cooking liquid. Return meat and pineapple to cooker.
5. Add water to liquid to make 1 and 3⁄4 cups. Pour into saucepan.
6. Blend cornstarch and cold water together to form a smooth paste. Stir into hot reserved liquid.
7. Add chopped green or red pepper.
8. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour over roast; serve with rice if desired.