1 8 oz (250 mL) package cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp onion, finely minced
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1⁄8 tsp black pepper
Cayenne pepper to taste
2 tbsp milk or unfortified rice beverage
1 6 oz can crab meat, rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
2. Place cream cheese in a bowl. Add onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, black and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Stir in milk / rice beverage. Add crab meat and stir until blended.
3. Place mixture in oven-safe dish. Bake uncovered for 15 mins or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with low sodium crackers or pita bread triangles.
4. Microwave until mixture is hot and bubbly— approximately 4 mins, stirring after each 1–2 mins.
- Calories: 98 KCal
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fibre: 2 g
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Sodium: 132 mg
- Phosphorus: 61 mg
- Potassium: 91 mg
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 50 g
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup