1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
3. Make a well in the middle of the flour and fill it with some liquid and oil or margarine. Stir it in gently with a spoon or fork.
4. Continue adding liquid until a soft ball of dough forms. You might have to add more liquid or flour as you stir.
5. Leave enough flour on the side of the bowl so you can knead the bread and then pat it into a bread pan.
6. Inside the bowl, gently knead the dough for about a minute.
7. Pat the dough fl at into a bread pan of your choosing. We used a 10” round cake pan.
8. Make a cross on the bread and then cut it into sections. The cut is about ¼” deep.
9. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the sides and top are golden brown.
10. Take out of the oven. Spread margarine over the top to make it soft.
11. Cover with a clean dish towel, let cool.