Lime Grilled Turkey
Plan to make enough so you have leftovers. This recipe makes a great sandwich filling!
Source: Reprinted with permission from the Canadian Association Nephrology Dietitian cookbook Kidney Friendly Cooking, photo credit ajafoto/depositphotos.com
Renal Diet Nutrient Analysis
- Servings per recipe: 4
- Serving size: 1/2 slice turkey breast
- Calories: 245
- Protein: 17.1g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Fibre: 0.4g
- Total Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 35mg
- Phosphorus: 131mg
- Potassium: 200mg
Renal and Diabetic Exchanges
¼ cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
2 tbsp (30 mL) honey, liquid
1 tsp (5 mL) thyme leaves, dried
1 tsp (5 mL) rosemary, dried
⅔ lb (300 g) turkey breast, skinless, boneless
1. Make marinade by mixing the first five ingredients.
2. Set aside 2 tbsp (30 mL) of marinade for basting.
3. Slice turkey breast in half lengthwise to make thinner pieces (like a hamburger bun is cut in half).
4. Add turkey to marinade and place in fridge for 1 – 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven broiler on high (500°F) or preheat barbeque.
6. Broil or grill turkey for 4 minutes per side until cooked through.
7. Use marinade set aside in step 2 to baste turkey while cooking.
8. Throw out leftover marinade.