- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Arrange chicken thighs, onions, garlic halves and lemon quarters in baking dish/roasting pan.
- Pour oil and season with salt and pepper. Coat all ingredients.
- Roast for approximately 50 minutes. Internal temperature must reach 175 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, grate one garlic clove in a small bowl, add yogurt, pepper, with a splash of water to loosen sauce.
- Remove pan from oven, discard everything but the chicken thighs.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F to crisp the skin. Approx. 7 minutes.
- Add pan drippings to Za’atar seasoning, lemon zest, lime zest, and pepper.
- Rub mixture on chicken thighs.
- Serve with Garlic Yogurt Sauce and Lemon or chopped parsley.