This recipe pairs nicely with the zucchini pancake.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled
- 2 cups snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tsp wasabi powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Add shrimp and snap peas and cook until shrimp turn pink (approximately 2 minutes).
Immediately transfer shrimp and snap peas to iced water to avoid further cooking, and strain.
Make vinaigrette by whisking all its ingredients together.
Toss shrimp, snap peas, water chestnuts, and bean sprouts in vinaigrette and serve.
Note: wasabi powder is quite spicy, so less is more!!!
- Calories: 334 KCal
- Protein: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fibre: 4 g
- Total Fat: 22 g
- Sodium: 119 mg
- Phosphorus: 212 mg
- Potassium: 489 mg
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 1/6 th of recipe (about 1 cup)
1 vegetable choice
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup