Preheat Oven to 350°F. Combine margarine, sugar and flour. Spread in 9″ x 9″ deep pan. Bake 30–35 minutes. Meanwhile, […]
For the Crust
- ½ cup unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons flour
For the Filling
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Combine margarine, sugar and flour. Spread in 9″ x 9″ deep pan.
- Bake 30–35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Combine pineapple and sugar (reserve a little of the juice to mix with cornstarch to form a paste) in a saucepan and place on low heat.
- Let mixture slowly come to a boil, add corn starch paste and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fold in egg whites.
- Pour filling over the baked torte and return to oven for 15–20 minutes.
- Calories: 264 KCal
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Total Fat: 16 g
- Sodium: 20 mg
- Phosphorus: 23 mg
- Potassium: 77 mg
Servings per recipe: 8 slices
Serving size: 1 slice
1 1/2 starch
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup