Have these cookies for dessert or as an afternoon treat.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- granulated sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 325° F (conventional oven).
- Cream together wet ingredients in one bowl.
- Prepare dry ingredients by sifting flour with soda and spices in a second bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into wet and mix thoroughly yet quickly.
- Drop in heaping tablespoons into granulated sugar, roll into balls and place on greased cookie sheet or on parchment paper, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the middle of the oven, remove and cool on tray before transferring to rack.
- Calories: 112 KCal
- Protein: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fibre: 0.4 g
- Total Fat: 5 g
- Sodium: 90 mg
- Phosphorus: 13 mg
- Potassium: 18 mg
Servings per recipe: 30 cookies
Serving size: 1 cookie
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup