This is a lovely, non-dairy alternative to ice cream!
- 14 oz canned litchis or 1 lbs fresh litchis peeled and pitted
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 pasteurized egg white
- Garnish with thinly sliced lemon wedge
1. Put litchi flesh and sugar in a blender or food processor and process to a puree.
2. Press the puree through a fine strainer to remove any remaining solids.
3. Transfer to a freezer proof container and freeze for 3 hours.
4. Turn the mixture into the blender or processor and process until slushy.
5. With the motor running add the egg white.
6. Return mixture to freezer proof container and freeze for 8 hours/over night.
7. Puree sorbet in blender right before serving, garnish with thinly sliced lemon.
- Calories: 95 KCal
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fibre: 1 g
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Phosphorus: 36 mg
- Potassium: 207 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
1 serving = 1 fruit choice
If you have diabetes: 1 serving = 1.5 Carb choices
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup