Remember: If you are on a fluid restriction you will need to count this soup as part of your daily fluid requirements.
8 cups No Salt Added Chicken Broth
2 ¼ c fresh or frozen corn kernels
2 tbsp sake
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp corn starch (blended with 2 tbsp water)
2 egg whites lightly beaten
4 scallions thinly sliced
1. Bring stock to a boil, add corn and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Strain stock over a bowl, reserve liquid, transfer corn to a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Return stock to the pan, press corn through a china cap to remove any solids.
4. Bring to a boil, stir in sake and sugar.
5. Add cornstarch mixture and cook stirring constantly until thickened.
6. Drizzle in the beaten egg white while slowly stirring in circular motion.
7. Remove from heat, add scallions, reserve some for garnish.
- Calories: 74 KCal
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fibre: 1 g
- Sodium: 64 mg
- Phosphorus: 61 mg
- Potassium: 290 mg
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1 1/4 cup
If you have diabetes: 1 serving = 1 carb choice.
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup