- 3 english cucumbers peeled or striped
- 1 red onion
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted for garnish
1. Slice cucumber thinly into rounds and finely dice red onion, place into a bowl.
2. Stir together rice vinegar, water and sugar and pour over cucumber and onion.
3. Cover and marinate for an hour.
4. Plate and garnish with sesame seeds.
Calories: 51 KCal
Protein: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fibre: 1 g
Sodium: 5 mg
Phosphorus: 29 mg
Potassium: 130 mg
Servings per recipe: 10
Serving size: 1/10 of recipe
If you have diabetes: 1 ½ servings = 1 carb choice
OR try substituting Splenda for some or all of the sugar.