You can make this tasty stir fry higher in protein by increasing the amount of shrimp!
- 200g chow mein noodles (par-cooked using package instructions)
- 1 leek shredded
- 1 1/3 c bean sprouts
- 6 shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 12 raw tiger shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp oil for stir frying
- 3 tbsp mirin (rice cooking wine)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- Chilli oil
- Sesame oil
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger (store bought)
1. Par-cook the noodles following instructions on package, strain and place in a bowl.
2. Add the leek, bean sprouts, mushrooms, shrimp and eggs to the noodles and mix well to combine.
3. Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat, add a little oil and heat until very hot.
4. Add the noodle mixture and stir fry until golden and the shrimp have turned pink and are cooked through.
5. Add the mirin and cilantro and toss together.
6. Divide the noodles between four bowls, drizzle with chilli and sesame oils, sprinkle over the scallions and ginger.
- Calories: 331 KCal
- Protein: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fibre: 3 g
- Total Fat: 13 g
- Sodium: 165 mg
- Phosphorus: 230 mg
- Potassium: 335 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
1svg = 1protein, 1veg, 2 starch
If you have diabetes: 1 serving = 2 carb choices
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup
2 thoughts on “Asian Noodle Stir Fry”
this looks very easy to make iam going to try it tomorrow but put left over chicken
Great, I hope it works out!