- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) chicken breast, cooked, chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) pineapple chunks, canned, drained
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp (dash) Tabasco© sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked chicken, pineapple, lettuce and celery. Set aside.
- Make the dressing in a small bowl. Mix together mayonnaise, Tabasco© sauce, lemon juice and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the chicken mixture and stir until well mixed.
Tip: This is a great way to use leftover chicken. Next time you are cooking chicken, plan to cook an extra piece and make this salad for lunch the next day. This recipe can be made with chicken thigh.
Serving Ideas: Sprinkle with paprika for a bit of colour. Serve on a lettuce leaf or use it to fill a pita pocket.
The “estimated nutrient calculation” is for the salad only.
- Calories: 310 KCal
- Protein: 16.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6 g
- Fibre: 1.1 g
- Total Fat: 23.1 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Phosphorus: 134 mg
- Potassium: 260 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup