This recipe is easy to multiply if you are having people over or making extra for leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (¾ lb or 375 g)
- 1 large green or red pepper
If using wooden skewers (4), soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent charring.
Cut pork into ½ inch cubes.
In bowl, whisk together first 8 ingredients; add pork and toss to coat.
Cover and marinate for 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Cut pepper into chunks about the same size as pork.
Alternately thread pork and pepper chunks onto each of 4 skewers, reserving any marinade.
Grill at medium setting for about 15 minutes or until pork is no longer pink inside, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade.
Serve over steamed basmati rice, if desired.
- Calories: 159 KCal
- Protein: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fibre: 1 g
- Total Fat: 5 g
- Sodium: 133 mg
- Phosphorus: 232 mg
- Potassium: 484 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1 skewer
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup