High protein tender pork chops, served with rice.
- 4 thin pork loin chops (about 4 oz each)
- ¼ tsp. Ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- ¾ cup apple-cranberry juice
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. Dried tarragon
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 2 cups cooked rice (about 1 cup raw)
Sprinkle both sides of the chops with pepper. Put a non-stick skillet lightly brushed or sprayed with oil on medium heat. Add the chops and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
In a small bowl, stir the cornstarch into the apple –cranberry juice until dissolved. Then add the juice mixture to the skillet, stirring and scraping any brown bits from the bottom.
Stir in the cranberries, herbs and honey. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
Add the chops to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the chops. Heat for 2 -3 minutes. Serve each chop over ½ cup of rice.
- Calories: 529 KCal
- Protein: 34 g
- Carbohydrates: 61 g
- Fibre: 1.5 g
- Total Fat: 16 g
- Sodium: 77 mg
- Phosphorus: 304 mg
- Potassium: 489 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
4 protein, 3 starch, 1 fruit
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup