Making your own burgers is relatively quick and easy and this recipe has a fraction of the sodium of prepared burgers. Another bonus? If you are on a high protein diet, you can make the burgers big and if you are on a lower protein diet you can make your portion exactly right for you!
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, minced or 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp no salt added steak spice (or ground pepper)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
In bowl, mix egg with onion, bread crumbs, spices and mustard. Add beef, combining gently. Shape into patties (makes 4 regular sized burgers).
Place on greased grill over medium heat. Grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside and internal temperature reads 160°F (71°C).
- Calories: 327.9 KCal
- Protein: 31.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.6 g
- Fibre: 0.7 g
- Total Fat: 18.1 g
- Sodium: 162.8 mg
- Phosphorus: 225.9 mg
- Potassium: 434 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1 regular sized burger
4 Protein choices + 1/2 starch
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup