This is a heartier breakfast, perfect when you need extra energy to start the day off right.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons green chilies, diced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 2 tablespoons salsa
Spray a medium-size skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
In a bowl, beat eggs with green chilies, cumin and hot sauce.
Pour eggs into skillet and cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes until eggs are done.
Heat tortillas for 20 seconds in microwave or in a separate skillet over medium heat.
Place half the egg mixture on each tortilla and roll up burrito style.
Serve each burrito with 1 tablespoon salsa.
- Calories: 257 KCal
- Protein: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fibre: 2 g
- Total Fat: 12 g
- Sodium: 384 mg
- Phosphorus: 184 mg
- Potassium: 246 mg
Servings per recipe: 2
Serving size: 1 Burrito
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup