This dip makes a great appetizer but also try using it as a sandwich spread to add a vegetable choice and an asian twist for lunches.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Roast eggplant in preheated 425°F oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- Peel eggplant and chop finely.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, vinegar, and water.
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic, ginger, green onions and chili paste until fragrant.
- Add vinegar mixture.
- When bubbling, add eggplant.
- Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and add sesame oil and fresh chopped cilantro.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Calories: 60 KCal
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fibre: 3 g
- Total Fat: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Phosphorus: 31 mg
- Potassium: 262 mg
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 1/4 cup
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup