A fun dish to share with friends.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup coffee rich (non dairy creamer)
- ¼ cup minced bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ½ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup apple jelly
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) Place all ingredients except jelly and cayenne pepper in a large bowl and mix. Shape into 45 meatballs.
3) Bake meatballs on a baking sheet for approx 20 minutes or until cooked through.
4) Heat jelly and cayenne in the microwave oven until liquefied, about 1 minute.
5) Arrange meatballs in a serving dish and pour jelly over them.
6) Serve with toothpicks.
- Calories: 68.4 KCal
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Fibre: 0.15 g
- Total Fat: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 58 mg
- Phosphorus: 100 mg
- Potassium: 88 mg
Servings per recipe: 15
Serving size: 3 meatballs
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup