I was blown away by how easy and good this recipe was. If you’re using pre-made roasted red peppers (which I did) look for the lowest sodium brand you can find at your grocery store.
For the pizza:
- 8 large shrimp (31/40 count), peeled, deveined, and tail removed
- 1/4 cup vidalia onion, sliced
- 6 basil leaves, roughly chopped or torn
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 flour tortillas
For the pesto:
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425F (conventional oven).
Place all pesto ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree.
Place flour tortillas on a cookie sheet. Divide the roasted red pepper pesto between the 2 tortillas and spread to cover the surface. Add the onions and basil. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Slice shrimp in half lengthwise and place on top of the pizzas.
Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until tortillas crisp and turn golden brown and the shrimp turn pink in colour.
- Calories: 246 KCal
- Protein: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fibre: 2 g
- Total Fat: 11 g
- Sodium: 314 mg
- Phosphorus: 238 mg
- Potassium: 305 mg
Servings per recipe: 2
Serving size: 1 tortilla pizza
Renal exchange: 2 Protein, 2 Starch, 1 Veg
If you have diabetes: 1 serving = 2 Carb Choices
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup
4 thoughts on “Tortilla Pizza with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto, Shrimp and Basil”
This is AWESOME!!! It’s quick and easy to make. I made the recipe last night. Be careful, you will want to eat both at once but don’t, save it for later.
These are amazing they have become a favourite in our family dinners!
it taste so delicious! its a MUST! made this for my man and he liked it a lot
Thanks for your comments! We’re glad to hear you liked the recipe!