Try this quick pasta dish that goes together very quickly and is very low in salt.
- 1/2 lb spaghetti or spaghettini
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red chilies
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1/3 cup toasted fresh bread crumbs
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat and add garlic and crushed red chilies. Cook, stirring, for one minute.
Add peppers and cook 5 minutes longer (don’t brown). Add the shrimp and cook for one minute longer. Add the wine and turn the heat up to medium. Simmer until the shrimp turns opaque and starts to curl. If the spaghetti is not ready yet keep warm over low heat.
Drain pasta, place in large serving dish. Pour sauce over pasta and toss together with breadcrumbs until the pasta is coated.
Serve with freshly ground pepper and parsley.
- Calories: 716 KCal
- Protein: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fibre: 2 g
- Total Fat: 55 g
- Sodium: 326 mg
- Phosphorus: 215 mg
- Potassium: 340 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1/4 recipe
1.5 starch; 4 protein; ½ veg
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup