This recipe smells and tastes great. Perfect for a summer BBQ.
2 lb sirloin steak
For the Dry Rub
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground coffee
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp brown sugar
- Massage meat with dry spice rub.
(Chef’s suggestion: rub the meat all over with olive oil first)
- For Beef: Grill or panfry on medium heat to desired doneness.
(A one inch steak would take about 16 minutes on the grill or 12 minutes to panfry to achieve medium doneness)
- For Pork: Roast at 325°F for approximately 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 160°F.
(The pork will be cooked to a medium doneness)
- Calories: 193 KCal
- Protein: 34 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fibre: 0.6 g
- Total Fat: 4 g
- Sodium: 101 mg
- Phosphorus: 316 mg
- Potassium: 559 mg
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 4oz of meat
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup