This recipe was given to me by a patient many years ago and I sometimes substitute dry white wine for half of the broth.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp light sour cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth (use a no salt added brand)
- 4 chicken breasts (not “seasoned”)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp nonhydrogenated margarine
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 3 chopped green onions
- Fresh ground pepper and chopped fresh parsley to taste
Mix together 2tsp flour, sour cream, mustard and 2tbsp of chicken broth. Set aside. Sprinkle chicken with thyme and pepper then dredge in flour. Melt margarine in large nonstick pan on medium-low heat. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside. Remove chicken and keep warm.
Add mushrooms to skillet and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add remaining chicken broth, increase heat to high and boil for 3 minutes. Whisk in sour cream mixture; add green onions. Stir until thickened (about 3 minutes). Pour over chicken, garnish with pepper and parsley and serve.
- Calories: 161 KCal
- Protein: 25.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fibre: 0.5 g
- Total Fat: 4 g
- Sodium: 99 mg
- Phosphorus: 205 mg
- Potassium: 289 mg
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1/2 chicken breast and 1/8th of mushroom sauce
3 protein, 1 veg
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup