- Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add eggs to dish. Add vegetables on top.
- Season with cayenne pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees F, for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make pesto: Place basil, olive oil, parmesan, sunflower, lemon juice and lemon zest in food processor and blend until purée forms.
- When baked eggs are out of the oven, place a dollop of pesto in the centre.
- Vegetables can be cut a day in advance to minimize prep time.
- The basil pesto can be pureed the day before and can keep in the fridge for three days.
- Kale may also be used instead of Basil.
- Instead of cayenne pepper, chili powder, or curry powder can be used.