This is a classic recipe that everyone will love. Make ahead for the week and simply pop them in the toaster to reheat!
- 1 1/2 cups sifted plain all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons no-salt margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup canned blueberries, rinsed or 1 cup frozen, rinsed
Sift together flour, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Make a well in the center and add the remaining ingredients.
Stir, starting at the center and gradually mix in the dry ingredients to make a smooth batter. Begin cooking immediately.
Heat a heavy 12-inch skillet or griddle and grease it lightly.
Using 1/3 cup measuring cup, spoon out pancakes and cook until done, flipping the pancake only once.
- Calories: 223 KCal
- Protein: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fibre: 2 g
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Sodium: 196 mg
- Phosphorus: 100 mg
- Potassium: 128 mg
Servings per recipe: 6 (12 pancakes)
Serving size: 2 pancakes
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup