Crisp and crumbles are a great way to celebrate summer. Bring this dish to a picnic or BBQ and you’ll be sure to make new friends.
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (not thawed)
- 2 cups (500 ml) grated or chopped apples
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the butter and stir until the mixture is just moistened. Set aside.
- In a 20-cm (8-inch) square baking dish, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Add the fruits and lemon juice and toss to combine. Top with the crisp mixture and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until the crisp is golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
- Calories: 318 KCal
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Fibre: 4 g
- Total Fat: 12 g
- Sodium: 148 mg
- Phosphorus: 93 mg
- Potassium: 196 mg
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1/2 cup cooked fruit, 1/4 cup crumble
1 fruit, 2 starch
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup