Before it hits the grill, this chicken is marinated in an Asian-inspired ginger-garlic marinade. The chicken can be hot off the grill or barbecued ahead of time and used cold. Marinade chicken overnight for best results.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast(s)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cilantro, fresh
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) hot red chili pepper flakes
- 2 yellow pepper(s), large
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice vinegar
- 5 1/2 cups (1.375 L) mixed salad greens
- Mince fresh cilantro. In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, half of the oil, cilantro, ginger and garlic and pepper flakes. Add chicken breasts and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to one day.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers into quarters. Preheat grill using medium-high heat. Grill peppers for about 15 minutes until they just start to blacken. Remove to plate. Place chicken breasts on greased grill over medium-high heat and grill for 10-15 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted into the breast reads 165°F (74°C).
- Chop the warm grilled peppers and chicken into ½ inch wide strips. In large salad bowl, toss chicken and peppers with greens and remaining oil and vinegar.
Calories: 171 KCal
Protein: 25 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Fibre: 1.3 g
Total Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 132 mg
Phosphorus: 203 mg
Potassium: 444 mg
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: ½ chicken breast + ½ cup veggies
3 protein, 1 vegetable