1 1/2 Cups Butter, unsalted, softened to room temperature (not melted)
2 Cup Sugar, granulated
45 g Molasses, anything but blackstrap
4 1/2 Cups Flour, all-purpose
4 Tsp Baking soda
1 Tbsp Ginger, ground
2 Tsp Cinnamon, ground
1 Tsp Cloves, ground
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger. Set aside.
- Using a separate mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar on medium-high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy and a pale-yellow color, scraping down the sides occasionally as needed. Mix in the eggs (one at a time) and molasses and beat on medium-low speed until each is combined. Gradually add in the dry ingredient mixture and beat until it is evenly incorporated.
- Choose the “Drop Method” or the “Icebox Method” below.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Once ready to bake, either drop the cookies on the baking sheet or cut cookies and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 4-5 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in a sealed container for up to 4 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Calories: 155.7 KCal
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1 g
- Fibre: 0.5 g
- Total Fat: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 131 mg
- Phosphorus: 21.79 mg
- Potassium: 41.72 mg
Servings per recipe: 40
Serving size: 1 36g cookie
0.25 Protein Choice
1.4 Starch Choice
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup