This stuffed chicken recipe makes a great dish for holidays and special occasions. Serve it with a little cranberry jelly for a more festive feel!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 5 cups crusty bread, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 11/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
5 chicken breasts
Heat oil. Sauté onions, garlic, celery, and leeks. Add mushrooms and cook until any liquid evaporates. Add bread cubes and combine. Add wine, water, and herbs. Bake at 325°F for 30 to 40 minutes and set aside to cool.
Pound out chicken with mallet. Place approximately1/3 cup of filling in centre of chicken breast and roll up tightly. Wrap individual servings in foil and bake at 375°F for approximately 30 minutes. Slice into medallions and serve.
- Calories: 324 KCal
- Protein: 24.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fibre: 3 g
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Sodium: 321 mg
- Phosphorus: 238 mg
- Potassium: 486 mg
Servings per recipe: 5
Serving size: 1 stuffed chichen breast
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup