Cook onions and bacon together, ahead of time. Deglaze the pan with the wine, and reserve liquid.
- 8 oz. Beef, blade roast or chuck, cubed
- 4 Onions, Spanish, diced
- 1 227 g pkg Mushrooms, cremini, cut in half
- 3 cups Beef stock, no salt added
- 1 Carrots, medium diced
- 20 g Parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, fresh, minced
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 strip Bacon
- 4 Tbsp Flour, all purpose
- 3 cups Water
- 3 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- 1/3 cup Red Wine, non-alcoholic
- Cook onions and bacon together, ahead of time.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, and reserve liquid.
- Add oil to pot, or Dutch oven, toss pieces of beef in flour and add to pot. Sear meat until golden brown. Remove meat.
- Add beef stock and water, turn to medium-high, stir until thickened. Reduce heat. Scrape the bottom when stirring to remove all the pieces on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the beef, and all of the liquids. Cook until beef is tender and carrots are cooked. Approximately 45 minutes. Keep pot uncovered on a simmer.
- Add the bacon mixture when there is 15 minutes remaining. Add mushrooms when there is 5 minutes remaining.
- Garnish with Parsley.
- Calories: 311.6 KCal
- Protein: 21.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.8 g
- Fibre: 4 g
- Total Fat: 13.6 g
- Sodium: 164.7 mg
- Phosphorus: 259.37 mg
- Potassium: 792.08 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 638 g
2 vegetable choices
3 protein choices
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup