- Cook onions and bacon together, ahead of time.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, and reserve liquid.
- Add oil to pot, or Dutch oven, toss pieces of beef in flour and add to pot. Sear meat until golden brown. Remove meat.
- Add beef stock and water, turn to medium-high, stir until thicken. Reduce heat. Scrape the bottom when stirring to remove all the pieces on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the beef, and all of the liquids. Cook until beef is tender and carrots are cooked. Approximately 45 minutes. Keep pot uncovered on a simmer.
- Add the bacon mixture when there is 15 minutes remaining. Add mushrooms when there is 5 minutes remaining.
- Garnish with Parsley.